Thursday, November 20, 2008

Check This Out


Habitual Confusion, Soleo Solere.
I've had this character around since... 2002 I think. Which is weird to think of. Somewhere floating around in the back of my car is the first ever drawing I did of him, but for now, 2004 is the best I can do. I don't know how much this can really speak for how much I've improved since then, but I think it's kind of fun to look back and see how this particular character has evolved over the years.
The rub is that I still can't tell you what he's supposed to be. I've begun to accept the term 'crazy monkey man', which seems to be the most popular reaction to the drawings I do of him.
I have a tattoo of him on my back, circa the 2006 version. It's just one of those things I figure will stick with me. He seems to get more and more 'human' every year, but I reckon he'll always maintain the red hair and stupid eyebrows.

Yup... progress.

1 comment:

Francesca said...

awww...he's cute! Monkey...cat...man?