Saturday, March 21, 2009

With the Body of a Cat and the Face of a Cat


A small portrait of my cat, Abraham Lincoln, completed in about an hour methinks. Watercolors on Strathmore bristol... which after being spoiled with Fabriano Artistico 300 lb hot press for four years, is not a very good paper to paint on. The creepy eye? He's blind in that one. Has nine nipples too and a very recent chip in his ear. Despite what may be interpreted as complete and utter freakiness, Abe is the best cat I've ever owned.

Here's an actual picture.

3 comments:

Francesca said...

Painting with watercolor on bristol? Sister, you have teh guts.
I think his face is cute : D. Awe. Abe.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katy Farina said...

GAH, sorry about killing that last comment... I didn't realize I was signed in under a different username. Which sort of pisses me off a little.

REGARDLESS!

Abe is amazing, seriously. I love this illustration, he has so much personality!