Sunday, September 19, 2010

For the gays!

As a youngin', my mother had two gay friends that practically helped raise me. They got married this weekend after 31 years of being together. A couple of days before the wedding, my mother texted me and told me she couldn't find any cards for gay marriages.



...So I made one.

Pride. Geddit?

Okay, actually I didn't think of that joke until after it was done, but I'm still clever, I promise.

Done in watercolor with gouache for the linework while watching a particularly saucy episode of Rome. There are actually some really subtle blues in the mane that the scanner just didn't want to pick up, so that's a little disappointing. They really liked the card though.

Honestly, I checked around and there isn't really a surplus of good gay wedding cards out there. Okay, granted not every state is on the gay marriage bandwagon, but it's not going to stay that way forever. Bwahahaha.

No comments: